The summer heat can be brutal, and a home air conditioner is a must-have to get through the scorching months. But home air conditioners can be expensive, so it's important to choose an air conditioner that meets your needs and doesn't compromise your budget.
While air conditioners are intended to cool a space, they also serve as a dehumidifier, so it's important to know the size of space you're cooling. Most air conditioners have an energy star rating, which is a number (on a 1-5 scale) that reflects the overall energy efficiency of the unit. The higher the energy star rating, the more efficient the unit.
Choosing the right air conditioner for your home involves many considerations, such as size, energy star rating, energy efficiency, noise output and capacity. Our air conditioner testers evaluate these features, as well as features specific to air conditioners. We evaluate how quiet the unit is, how effectively it cools a space, the energy efficiency, and whether it efficiently dehumidifies.
Our air conditioner testers also evaluate the ease of use, how long it cools the space, and whether it's Energy Star certified, all of which contribute to our ratings. Our air conditioners are broken down by size, and our picks for the best air conditioners include the best units for 1-2 bedrooms and the best units for 3-4 bedrooms. Here are the best air conditioners you can buy in 2022 for cooling off in every size home:
Window Air Conditioners - A Perfect Choice for Small Rooms
Generally, air conditioners play a vital role in our life. Air conditioners not only cool the air but also reduces the humidity, thus improving the quality of air in a room. As we know, there are different types of air conditioners available in the market. If you own a big home and adequate air cooler is not enough, you should go for a bigger air conditioner. For a smaller apartment or house, small air conditioners are not enough. In that case, you should go for window air conditioners. Window air conditioners are easy to install. They can be installed easily and moreover, they consume very less space. The width of the window should be 6 inches or below, and the depth should be 12 inches to 14 inches. If you want to purchase a cheap air conditioner, which performs well, you can go for a window air conditioner. Window air conditioners are economical. They are small in size, and you need to buy only one air conditioner. Moreover, they are easy to install. Window air conditioners are safer than portable air conditioners. They are best for the small rooms. The window air conditioners are the best choice, which consumes less energy. Window air conditioners are the best option, which perfectly fits in a small space.
What are window air conditioners and how do they differ from central air conditioners
Window air conditioners tend to be smaller and lighter than central air conditioners, allowing you to install them more easily into windows. This type of air conditioner is easy to install, in comparison to central air conditioners, which require specific ductwork meant for installation. Most window air conditioners also come with a remote control, which allows you to adjust the temperature from anywhere in your home. Window air conditioners tend to be cheaper to install than central air conditioners, but central air conditioners can offer improved cooling efficiency, heat gain control, or even dehumidification.
Top 10 best window air conditioners on the market, based on customer ratings, reliability, installation costs, cooling performance, ease of use, and other factors
Are you in need of a reliable window air conditioner to keep your house and room cool? Or are you looking for a portable air conditioner that you can move them from room to room? Check out this article for the top 10 best window air conditioners on the market.
1. Arctic King - Arctic King, LLC is a leading manufacturer of air conditioners and heaters in the US, headquartered in the Atlanta, GA area. The company was founded in 1946, and it has been manufacturing air conditioners and heaters ever since. Arctic King is a brand that provides premium products for personal cooling and heating.
2. Voltas - Voltas is an Indian Multinational Company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Voltas is a division of Voltas Limited, a Mumbai-headquartered multinational corporation. It produces residential air conditioners, split air conditioners, commercial air conditioners, ceiling fans and air purifiers. Voltas has been an environmentally conscious company since its inception. It won the Carbon Trust Standard Carbon Reduction Award 2011.
3. Broan - Broan is a brand with an American heritage based in Duncan, South Carolina. It was established in 1906, and it is committed to manufacturing energy-efficient bathroom products. The company was originally into manufacturing and selling electric fans. Broan has been actively supporting various causes, including the successful fight to save the earth\'s ozone layer.
4. Frigidaire - Frigidaire is an American brand founded in 1904 in Detroit, Michigan. It is largely known for its refrigerators, which currently dominate the marketplace. The company has also manufactured air conditioners and microwave ovens, as well as air conditioners for automobiles. Frigidaire has been awarded the Energy Star certification for its energy-saving appliances.
5. Kelvinator - Kelvinator is a Japanese brand founded in Osaka, Japan in 1902. It is headquartered in Nagoya, Japan. It manufactures home appliances, air conditioners and refrigerators. Kelvinator actively supports various charities, including the National Breast Cancer Foundation.
How to pick the best window air conditioner for your needs
If you plan to use an air conditioner to cool a room, you\'ll be glad to hear that there are hundreds of options available. Air conditioners are useful tools that help keep you cool in the hot and humid summer months. But with so many options available, choosing the right air conditioner for your needs can be a daunting task. Luckily, this article will walk you through the process of buying the best window air conditioner for your needs. Product size: The first thing to consider before purchasing a window air conditioner is its size. There are different types of air conditioners, including portable models that you place outdoors, and window models that are suitable for indoor use. Window air conditioners are recommended for rooms that measure up to 8x6 feet, but larger units are also available. Product type: There are two types of window air conditioners: box air conditioners and compact air conditioners. Box air conditioners have cooling cores built into the unit and range in capacity from 3,000 BTUs (British Thermal Units) to 20,000 BTUs; they are suitable for rooms that measure up to 15x20 feet. Compact air conditioners, on the other hand, are built into a single cabinet. These air conditioners provide better heat recovery than box air conditioners, but their ability to cool smaller rooms is limited. Product features: Once you\'ve determined the size and type of air conditioner you need to cool your small space, it\'s time to consider features. There are three main types of air conditioners, including window-mounted, cassette-, and split-system air conditioners. Window-mounted air conditioners are the easiest to install, and most have hoses that hang from the side. Cassette air conditioners, meanwhile, mount directly on the wall or window; they are common in apartments, especially in condominium complexes. Finally, split-system air conditioners and heat pumps cool your home and its ductwork using a central air conditioning unit. These systems are less common but can significantly cut down on your energy bills, making them a solid investment for larger homes. Energy efficiency: Choosing the most energy efficient air conditioner will save you both money and the environment. Window air conditioners, for example, have AFUE (Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency) ratings that range from 8% to 13%. Higher AFUE ratings mean greater energy efficiency and allow you to save more on your energy bills.
I hope this article helped you choose the best air conditioner for your space. If there are any other types of air conditioners that you are interested in, please let me know in the comments below.